Thursday, January 12, 2006

Balkin: Constitution of Status

106 Yale L J 2313

This is just about the most interesting law review article I have ever read. Especially for any of you who are going to take Whitman's Development of the Western Legal Tradition next semester, with its emphasis on status and social heirarchy and their relation to the law, I cannot recommend it highly enough.

It also provides some serious ammunition to chamber up in an Amar exam answer.

I might try to summarize it later; it's almost too good and readable to be chopped down.

Not that I agree with everything in it: not by any means. Whenever I read anything citing Weber, he always seems incredibly descriptively astute and yet somehow profoundly off the mark. Anyway, food for thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home