Monday, April 24, 2006

Iran defiant on nukes, blah blah: look at the cool picture


This is a pretty incredible picture accompanying a NYT story I've heard a million times. It took me a while to figger out what was background and foreground and realize it was basically a bad religious painting like my aunt likes. If I see one more picture of a vague mannish shape walking toward the light leaving some dark morass of clutching hands and entering multiple colored circles symbolizing seraphim and principalities and dominions and thrones I am going to toss my cookies. But the cool picture in the permanent exhibit at the American Visionary Arts Museum in Baltimore is way cool, because it's done by a certifiable crazy person. Or maybe that's exploitative. Anyway, I didn't know that the cherubim God is described as riding around in Psalms and Samuel was a nuke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home